This is my go-to recipe whenever I’m heading over to a friends place and told to ‘bring nothing’. It’s super moist and even more delicious!!!
Being gluten and grain free it’s super friendly on the gut without making an compromises on the taste and texture. Feel free to use fresh berries as well, I’ve cooked with both and they are equally as tasty as each other
Promise this one will be a crowd pleaser!
Tip: This recipe freezes very well too
200g desiccated coconut (plus extra for topping)
6 large eggs
1 large overripe banana (mashed)
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 26cm loaf tin
2. Blend 200g of desiccated coconut in a high speed food processor (until it forms a flour like consistency)
3. Add the baking powder, eggs, maple syrup and mashed banana and blend on medium for 1 -2 mins
4. Pour the batter into the loaf tin, sprinkle the top with additional raspberries and desiccated coconut and bake for 55 mins
5. Remove the tin from the oven and allow for cool for 10-15 mins until moving onto a wire rack to cool completely