Like a lot of people I’ve never aspired to be a vegan but I can appreciate a great wholesome recipe. A friend of mine made these brownies and as soon as I saw a photo of the them I had to give them a go – so glad I did!
With an ingredients list loaded with goodness including sweet potato, almonds and oats it’s hard not to want to go back for than one (maybe even three) pieces.
These will last over a week in an airtight container in the fridge but what I love most is that these freeze really well – such a great way to portion control too.
500g sweet potato
15 dates (soaked and pitted)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
6 tbsp cacao powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch Himalayan salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Peel and steam sweet potato until softened
3. Process sweet potato, dates and almonds in a high speed food processor.
4. Once well combined add all other ingredients and mix well
5. Pour the batter into a lined baking tin and cook in the oven for approx. 45 mins
6. Remove from the oven and leave in the baking tray for approx. 10 mins before placing on a wire rack to cool before icing
1. Mix 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp coconut butter, 2 tbsp cacao powder and 1 tbsp maple syrup on a low heat until well combined
2. Refrigerate and allow to firm up slightly
3. Once the brownie has cooled, ice as desired
*Original recipe source on Pintrest